Canadian immigration provides an opportunity to the young and healthy individuals engaged in certain professions which can contribute to Canadian economic growth to be able to apply for permanent resident status in Canada.
All immigrants, whether international students who decide to study abroad or foreign professionals, must undergo a medical examination to be able to be eligible for permanent residency application to IRCC. Immigration to Canada is subject to common law-based health.
All permanent resident applicants, including accompanying spouses, partners and dependent children, must undergo a medical evaluation. You will have to also undergo from Medical test for Canada study visa & permanent residency.
All visa applicants are required to have a medical examination, even if they are temporarily staying as a caregiver or visitor.
Where to give medical test?
The applicant can give their medical test for Canada student visa either in their home country or the country of their choice but it is essential for immigration purposes that the medical exam shall be conducted by a panel physician under lRCC.
Doctors listed as IRCC-approved designated panel doctors can only perform immigrant health examinations.
Only these doctors are authorized to perform your medical test for Canada student visa and issue a health certificate.
Also Read – Student Visa Extension Canada- How Can International Students Extend Their Study Permit?
List of tests required:
- General physical examination of eyes, nose, heart, lungs, etc.
- chest X-rays
- blood tests for HIV and Syphilis
- Urine test
Temporary visa applicants are required to undergo a medical examination in the following cases:
- In the past year, the applicant have lived or visited one of these countries for at least 6 months.
- Applicant will work in a profession that needs to protect public health.
- Applicant is applying for a parent or grandparent super visa.
Anyone accompanying the applicant shall also undergo an immigration medical exam.
All visa applicants are required to have a medical examination, even if you are temporarily resident as a caregiver or visitor. The following important medical tests are performed for Canadian immigrants:
- The medical test for Canada student visa includes examinations of the eyes, nose, heart, lungs and other important functional organs.
- At this point, you need to discuss with your doctor about any of the major health problems of the past. If it is not currently causing adverse effects, doctors will rate it positively.
- This is an important medical test for Canada student visa to check for critical system problems.
- If the applicant is pregnant, x-rays are avoided to improve foetus’s health. However, after the birth of the child, the mother and newborn need to undergo some tests.
- To obtain a Permanent Resident Card in Canada, the applicant must be free of serious illnesses or disabilities such as active tuberculosis, HIV and syphilis.
- The blood test is an important diagnostic test for several other conditions that affect overall health.
- Urinalysis is also scrutinised in a state-of-the-art laboratory to reveal secondary disease.
- Medical test for Canada student visa can be used to diagnose problems like diabetes to a variety of other major problems.
It is important to note that the surgeons listed on the panel can only carry out your health examination and issue a health certificate. The decision to issue a visa is left to the Canadian Citizenship and Immigration Department only.
Medical Test For Canada Student Visa Permanent Residency
Applicant and their family must be healthy under Canadian immigration regulations.
Applicant must perform an assessment with their family to ensure that their current or expected medical condition does not cause problems for Canada’s health or social services.
Individuals suffering from illnesses, medical conditions or psychiatric conditions that require hospitalization and ongoing medical care are generally considered ineligible for entry into Canada after a medical evaluation.
Medical test Cost:
A series of medical tests will cost you about 5000-9000 Indian Rupees. This includes x-rays and all the important blood tests mentioned above.
Medical test Validity:
The medical certificate issued by the panel doctor is valid the following year. If you apply for a Canadian PR visa one year after your health certificate is issued, you may need to repeat the procedure.
Medical exam conduct:
The panel doctor or clinic staff will ask for your ID to verify your identity. If you are referred to have an x-ray or other tests, you may be asked to re-present your ID when you do those tests.
- Your doctor will fill out a medical history form with you.
- This questionnaire deals with past or existing illnesses.
- They also ask you about the medicines you are taking. It is important to notify the panel doctor about preor existing illnesses. If you do not do this, the health check may take a long time to process.
Physical examination includes:
- Hearing ability
- Pulse rate
- Lungs and heart check up
- Joint check up
Depending on your age, you may be asked to have a chest x-ray or clinical examination at the clinic or laboratory. Depending on the result of the medical examination, you may be referred to a specialist for further examination. Please complete this as soon as possible so that the medical examination process is not delayed.
Also Read – Minimum Bank Balance for Canada student visa – Important Requirements To Check!
Any time during your examination, applicant has the right toexercisethe right to chaperone:
- Applicant may Ask the clinic to place staff in your room
- Applicant may Pause the exam at any time and ask questions about your doctor’s job
- Applicant may Cancel the exam and have someone accompany you, even if you refuse the first time.
After completing medical test for Canada student visa your doctor will send the results to IRCC when the exam is complete. Your doctor will issue you a document confirming that you have had a medical examination.
If you are not satisfied with medical test for Canada student visa & how a panel doctor or panel radiologist conducts a health check, you can:
- Fill a Web form or
- Contact the Client Support Centre
Also Read – 10 Things You Must Know About VFS Biometric Appointment!